Darsham Country Centre is an exciting and interesting venue that was the old Darsham Railway Station and Stationmaster’s house. It is available for hire by voluntary groups, charities and statutory organisations. Some private and family hire is also often available – please enquire. It’s close to the Suffolk coast and Darsham station is on the working railway line from Ipswich to Lowestoft and now has trains each way every hour through the day. There are good connections from London Liverpool Street – change at Ipswich.
There is also a regular bus service that goes to places like Southwold and Aldeburgh or a dial-up bus which goes to Minsmere bird reserve and the coast at Walberswick. Any group – young or old, on holiday or at work – will find it an ideal place to enjoy.
- a relaxing space to think, work in groups and spend time with friends and colleagues
- a special residential experience to share with children and young people
- a wide range of activities including cycling, bird watching, walking http://www.cpad.org/index.php/flagyl-500mg-online-order/ and swimming
- a central base for enjoying Suffolk’s many visitor attractions
- a wealth of nearby pubs and restaurants
The house is comfortable, full of character and recently re-furbished. It accommodates 24 people on a self-catering basis and offers:
- a fully catering-equipped and spacious kitchen
- an adjoining room for dining and other activities
- a large but cosy sitting room with plenty of easy chairs
- five upstairs bedrooms, sleeping up to 16 people in bunks and single beds (all bedding supplied)
- another two bedrooms downstairs with beds for 4 in each room – next door to an accessible WC and shower for less able visitors
- pool and tennis table, board games, bicycles and a piano
- showers, washbasins and WCs upstairs and down
- a newly refurbished patio area with picnic tables and a grassed area suitable for games and, by arrangement, overflow camping for up to 15
- parking for up to six cars
- free internet access
Please email us if you require a copy of our Risk Assessment.